Top 5 Tips When Attending Trade Shows
The ARA Show is fast approaching with less than a week left before our team heads out and takes on Vegas! The ARA Show is by far the world’s largest trade show for the rental industry, with an average total of more than 12,000 attendees that visit over 700 exhibitors. This year our team will be stationed at booth #741, located on the first level in the South Hall. We are very excited to connect with so many people in the industry.
Due to COVID, it may be the first trade show in a long time that you've been able to attend. Because of that, we thought it would be a good idea to compile our top five tips that can easily be forgotten when preparing to head out to a show.
- Wear comfortable shoes. This might seem obvious, but it’s easy to forget. The Convention Center is not a small place and their floor is not soft - you’ll likely be on your feet most of the day. So leave the sandals and dress shoes at home, and slide on the most comfortable shoes you own.
- Plan ahead. At the ARA Show, there is no shortage of exhibitors to visit, seminars to attend, and people to meet up with. Figure out what your priorities and goals are before you arrive, and don’t forget to look at the schedule so you know what’s happening.
- Leave some buffer time. Plan ahead as much as you can, but try not to jam too much in. Remember there might be long lines, large amounts of distance from one place to the next, and there will likely be spontaneous encounters that pop up.
- Save room for existing connections. As much as you have the intention to look for the new, it’s always a good idea to talk to some of your existing vendors. Reconnect to strengthen those relationships, and take the opportunity to see if they’re still the best fit for your company - you may also find out what new projects they’re working on and can provide feedback and input.
- Have a good time! Enjoy the change of scenery from your regular schedule and grab some food, have a drink - you know what they say, work hard, play hard. Enjoy yourself!
Let us know if you'll be at the ARA Show in Las Vegas this year. Our booth is located at #741 and we would love to see you there!